Thanks for your question, Alexander.
Here are some examples of a compelling “why now”. Some of them have been mentioned by other investors in the survey, some not:
- a change in the regulatory environment
- a platform shift (e.g. on-premise to Cloud)
- consumer adoption of new technologies (e.g. Bitcoin)
- price decreases of hardware (e.g. for VR)
- big trends that change consumer behavior (e.g. social media)
If I look back at Zendesk, with the benefit of hindsight there were several very compelling “why nows”. Doesn’t mean I saw them at the time, though. :)